Sunday, February 8, 2009

Post Career Fair...Now What?!

Hello Everyone! So as I write this I am also following up with all the companies I talked to at the Career Fair. That includes e-mailing the Representatives I spoke with or applying on-line; whatever is the appropriate next steps. (I made sure to take note of this during the Fair so I wouldn't forget!) So far I feel pretty confident, and can't wait to hear back from the companies!

I think one reason why I am confident about a "call back" is because I was confident during the Fair. Having attended CDC workshops and getting my Resume critiqued, I felt fully prepared by the time the Fair rolled around. So I went in knowing I had everything in order, and all I had to do was portray my confidence.

Looking back at other Career Fairs, I think my confidence has improved. As a Freshman I always went in with a level of confidence, but also with doubt since I was just a Freshman. But now as a Junior I can honestly say I went into the Career Fair with nothing but confidence. I have WPI coursework and previous Internships to back me up, and prior Career Fairs under my belt. So as time continues to move forward, my changes seem to be improving!

I will keep you updated on my job search!

No comments:

Post a Comment