Monday, February 16, 2009

Interviews?

Hello Everyone,

So, as of right now, I haven't had a recent interview. Actually now that I think about it, the last interview I had was with United Technologies - Pratt and Whitney Division back in November right in the WPI CDC. That interview was fruitful, and I am still in contact with the HR contact working out possible details of this summer. Other than that, I am waiting on "call backs" for other interviews with the many companies I have applied to. Keep your fingers crossed for me! :-)

But I have gone on plenty of interviews in the past. And my A number 1 advice to you is to KNOW WHAT IS ON YOUR RESUME! Because that is usually what your interviewer is going off of, and that is probably what you are going to be talking about. So make sure you don't lie on your resume (but I know you wouldn't do that!), and be prepared to expand on everything that you put on your resume. The more you can talk about your skills, involvement, projects, jobs, etc the better. The key is to be passionate!

Also come prepared with questions. And you can usually get question by researching the company and their policies or procedures. So if you have specific questions about the Intern Program housing...ask! Or if you're more concerned about their Graduate reimbursement program...ask! I have always had positive feedback on my questions, and if anything they were impressed with the questions. So don't be shy!

So good luck to you and your intreview process, and I will keep you updated about mine! Peace

1 comment: